REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
2018 Summer Institute of Speech and Hearing Science Distance Learning Courses
8-week Session 2: Summer Term 2018 – Course Dates: Tuesday, June 5 – Friday, July 27, 2018
PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS! THESE STEPS ARE THE STUDENTS RESPONSIBILITY! BY APPYING TO THE COURSE(S) YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS.
*Courses being offered during the second 8 week Session
Speech and Hearing 3320D – Principles of Phonetics: Instructor Sasha Kim. firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech and Hearing 3330D – Language Acquisition: Instructor Julie McGory. email@example.com
Speech and Hearing 3340D – Introduction to the Art and Science of Sound: Instructor Ryan Harrison. firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech and Hearing 3360D – Observation in Speech Language Pathology and Audiology: Instructor Jen Brello. email@example.com
Speech and Hearing 4420D – Anatomy, Physiology and Science of Speech (3320 and3340 are recommended as prerequisites to this course but not required) Instructor Christin Ray. firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech and Hearing 4440D – Anatomy, Physiology and Science of Hearing (3340 is a prerequisite to this course) Instructor Eric Bielefeld. email@example.com
Speech and Hearing 4540D – Introduction to Audiology (4440 is a prerequisite to this course) Instructor Christina Roup. firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech and Hearing 5732D – Introduction to Aural Rehabilitation I (4540 is a prerequisite to this course) Instructor Julie Hazelbaker. email@example.com
Some of the above course have prerequisites. If you did not take the prerequisites at OSU, please email the instructor for permission. Instructor permission is required to register for the course. Please email the instructor as listed above. Forward instructor’s permission to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Each course offers three undergraduate credit hours. To register for more than four courses this summer please contact Mary Jo Keller email@example.com Each course will be taught entirely online through the “Carmen” course management system. Please access the Carmen system through http://carmen.osu.edu. All students are responsible for starting on time.
If you have questions about the Summer Distance Learning Institute courses, or general questions about the Speech and Hearing Science Program, please contact Mary Jo Keller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Because of the high volume of students taking these courses, please restrict your questions to email.
Registration and Payment Processing
Enrollment is not limited. If you are already an OSU student, please pay close attention to the registration and payment information. It is different than in-class courses.
In order to be registered for classes the survey needs to be completed. See the link at the bottom of this page.
Please note: all students registering for the Summer Institute courses will be enrolled as Undergraduate Non-Degree (UNDG) seeking Extended Education (EEd) students for Summer 2018.
1. All students: complete the online course registration form at: https://odee.osu.edu/contract-credit-course-service-registration
Please submit the registration form as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, May 18th, 2018
a. Read and follow all registration requirements and instructions.
b. For Q12 - Indicate “SPHHRNG” under "Department Name," and for “Course #” and “Class #, the information listed above under “Courses Being Offered.”
c. Contact email@example.com , if you have problems accessing the online form.
d. Please Note: Enrollment may not be processed until after the registration deadline listed above.
2. New students (no previous Ohio State enrollment): There is a $60 (Non-refundable) application fee for new Ohio State University undergraduate students ($70 application fee for non-U.S. citizens). New students must submit the appropriate application below in addition to the course registration form which you submitted. Please follow the appropriate instructions below (Domestic or International). Although the courses are taught online, please indicate/request Columbus Campus on the application for Continuing Education/Non-Degree enrollment.
a. Before Friday, May 25, 2018: Domestic (U.S. Citizen) Applications before Friday, May 25, apply online at: https://odee.osu.edu/apply-now (click on Future Applicants and APPLY NOW).
b. After Friday, May 25, 2018: A paper application will be sent once the Contract Course Registration Form is received. This application is due by Friday, June 1, 2018, for Summer Session admission.
c. International (Non-U.S. citizen) Applicants: follow the international application instructions at: https://odee.osu.edu/apply-now. (click on International Students Criteria). INTL Applications are due by April 10 for Summer Term. If returned after this date admission for summer term cannot be guaranteed.
(Please note that enrollment cannot be processed until the application process has been completed - NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.)
Students will pay the admissions application fee online (with a credit card) when they apply, or if the online application has already closed, Lauren will send you the form you need to complete with instructions to submit payment with it. This payment must be either a check or money order made payable to The Ohio State University.
3. Course Payment: Payment for the course(s) must either be a check or money order made payable to BELLEVIE GROUP LLC. Fee waivers, vouchers, etc. cannot be accepted for payment. Full payment must be made by the end of the semester or an I (incomplete) will be given as a grade for all courses you are registered into.
Payment for courses should be made out to and mailed to:
BELLEVIE GROUP LLC
Uniontown, Ohio 44685
The fee schedule for the 2018 Summer Institute will be as follows (*):
You will not receive a bill as this information does not show in the Bursar’s Office or your student account.
1 course (3 credits) - $1260.00
2 courses (6 credits) - $2500.00
3 courses (9 credits - $3700.00
4 courses (12 credits) - $4900.00
Full refunds will be offered for cancellations received by the second Friday of the semester, Friday, June 15, 2018.
Any return check fee or stop payment fee will be adsorbed by the student.
Bellevie does not accept credit card payments.
Registration and Payment Processing
4. OSU Internet Username and E-Mail Account Activation: All Ohio State students should activate their OSU Internet Username and E-mail account. Activation is usually available 48 hours after you have been admitted. Students can activate their account at: www.my.osu.edu. Please note that your lastname.# is needed to activate your account. Your lastname.# is provided by the OCIO (Office of the Chief Information Officer) after you are admitted to the university. You also can obtain your lastname.# by contacting your Ohio State enrollment unit and/or the Contractual Outreach registration coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
4a. Ohio State uses the "Carmen" online/web course management system. Please access online/web based courses through the Carmen web site at https://carmen.osu.edu (OSU e-mail account and Internet Username activation is required to access the Carmen web site). Please note that online/web courses usually are not posted/available in the Carmen system until classes begin or 1-2 days prior to the first day.
4b. CarmenConnect may be used to provide the user with an additional learning environment in a flexible and friendly way. Additional information on this platform is found at https://resourcecenter.odee.osu.edu/carmenconnect.
Please call (614) 688-HELP (4357) for assistance. Additional information about OSU account management is available at: www.my.osu.edu.
Former OSU students should wait at least 48 hours after their enrollment has been updated before attempting to re-activate their account.
5. Acceptance of Admission: Once admitted one must log into their Applicant Center to:
· Accept or decline your offer of admission by clicking the Accept / Decline link on the main page.
· Verify/update your contact information.
Please note: As a condition of enrollment, all admitted applicants are required to answer a question regarding felony history prior to accepting admission. An answer of "yes" to this question does not preclude enrollment, but you will be asked to provide additional information. Learn more about disclosing a prior or pending felony.
6. Drop Requests: Requests to drop any/all course(s) must be sent to Mary Jo Keller, email@example.com Drop requests must be received by Friday, June 15, 2018 to drop a course without receiving a “W” on their record.
7. Enrollment Verification: About a week before classes begin, students should verify that they are correctly enrolled and that there are no incorrect fees appearing on their fee accounts. Students should check their enrollment under “My Student Center” which can be accessed through “Buckeye Link” on the Ohio State homepage, www.osu.edu. Please note that students must activate their Ohio State e-mail account and internet username (refer to #3 above) for “My Student Center” access.
8. Student Fee Accounts: Fees for contract courses are processed as a group and are not posted to student fee accounts in the same manner as regular course enrollment but will appear as PAID status on the student database.
9. Name Change: If you were previously enrolled at Ohio State and your name has changed since your last enrollment at Ohio State, and you want your current name listed on your student record, you will need to complete the "Request for Change of Record" form on the Registrar’s Website.
10. Health Insurance: It is important that you have coverage for unexpected medical care during the time you are enrolled in your contract course. International registrants are required to have at least $50,000 of medical benefits per accident or illness or be fully sponsored by their government. Please contact the Student Health Insurance Office, (614) 688-7979, for information if you need short-term health insurance coverage while you are in the Columbus area. Note that enrollment in contract courses is exempt from Ohio State Student Health Insurance coverage. Additional information may be found on their website at https://shi.osu.edu/.
11.. Vaccination Requirement: It is important to familiarize yourself with Ohio State’s new vaccination requirements, effective Autumn Term 2015. Information on each of the three components can be found at: https://shs.osu.edu/services/vaccinations/vaccination-requirement/.
To note, Component A will only apply to those:
- are new to The Ohio State University
- who are taking at least one face-to face class
- at the Columbus Campus
- and are enrolled half-time or greater (4 graduate credit hours, 6 undergraduate credit hours.)
For questions on the Vaccination Requirement or its components, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Health Information Services department at 614-292-0118. Vaccination requirements do not apply to distance learning students.
12. Registration Cancellation: Your registration will be cancelled if you do not submit all applicable registration materials and information (eg: registration form, proof of degree, English proficiency, etc.). If you wish to cancel your registration for this course, please notify email@example.com
13. Holds on Record: Your registration will be cancelled if you were previously enrolled at Ohio State and there is a “Hold” on your student record and you do not have the Hold cleared before enrollment processing. Please refer to your “My Student Center” on Buckeye Link for the department to contact regarding your Hold.
GRADES AND TRANSCRIPTS INFORMATION:
Official/final grades usually are not available until after the designated semester of enrollment has ended. Ohio State does not mail grades to students. Grades can be viewed online through the “Buckeye Link” on the Ohio State home page, osu.edu. OSU Internet access must be activated to view grades online (refer to activation instructions/information).
Transcripts: Information for ordering transcripts is available on the University Registrar’s web site at https://registrar.osu.edu/, or by calling the Student Consolidated Services Center, 614-292-0300 (toll free: 1-800-678-6440).
Please be aware that you will be unable to order your transcript with a Financial Responsibility Statement hold on our account.
Note: The Office of Distance Education and eLearning, Student Services Office, will submit the course registrations to the Graduate School for processing; students do not enroll themselves for this course/section.
ODEE will register you for your courses.
Emails from an OSU.edu email account typically are sent to your spam folder. Please check your spam folder for emails from us.
Please complete the survey below before being registered for your courses.