Our team consists of a speech-language pathologist (Christy Ray, Ph.D), audiologist (Jodi Baxter, Au.D), and students who work together to improve communication skills in patients with
cochlear implants (CIs). Our team provides services jointly that include:
1. Identification of individual difficulties and goal-setting;
2. Assistance with technology and troubleshooting;
3. Auditory training;
4. Development of home programs for continued rehabilitation;
5. Education to patients and family members;
6. Continuous support and follow-up as needed.
We do not offer CI programming; however, we often work together with programming audiologists to maximize a patient’s ability to listen and communicate with a cochlear implant. Our clinic participates in research with Aaron Moberly, MD and others at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Department of Otolaryngology to study the effects of rehabilitation on listening outcomes such as speech recognition and quality of life.