What if I am not going to graduate school?
You are earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Speech and Hearing Science, so you could apply for any job that lists “a bachelor’s degree” or “a college degree” as the required qualification! This is a college degree and you will be a college graduate!
- Hearing aid dispensing companies
- Hearing conservation programs
- Hospital billing, administration
- Schools, K-12
- Physicians’ offices
- Developmental Learning Centers
- Home healthcare offices
- Nursing homes
- Residential facilities
- Rehabilitation centers
- ABA Therapy
- Public health departments
- Private individual or group practice
- Federal agencies including:
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- National Institutes of Health
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Education
- Armed Services
- Health Maintenance Organizations
- Speech-language pathology assistants
- Biology Focus
- Mathematic Skills
- Facilitating Group Discussion
- Listening Skills
- Provide/Respond to Feedback
- Speaking Effectively
- Use Technology Effectively
- Written Communication
- Counseling Skills
- Motivating Others
- Social Perceptiveness
- Teaching/Instructing Others
- Developing Evaluation Strategies
- Identifying Problems
- Research Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Prioritizing Tasks
- Creating Innovative Solutions
- Analytical/Critical Thinking
This is just a start, see Younkin Success Center for more information.
Futurelink helps build an OSU profile, search for jobs and internships
Arts and Sciences Career Services
ASC Career Services offers office visits for help with searching for experiential learning opportunities such as an internships, volunteer positions, or off-campus research positions, professional resume and cover letter reviews, mock interviews and on-campus interviews. Be sure to log into your FutureLink account, a job and internship database, to begin your search!
100 Denney Hall
Career Counseling and Support Services
Career Counseling and Support Services assess what you value and what motivates you, cover letters & resumes, website has tons of information.
Younkin Success Center (2nd Floor)
1640 Neil Avenue
Occupational Outlook Handbook
The Occupational Outlook Handbook can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
Finally, be organized in your job search. Keep track of your resources, take good notes, and be persistent!
[doc] - Some links on this page are to Microsoft .doc files requiring the use of Microsoft Word. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.