The Department of Speech and Hearing Science offers a Master of Arts (MA) degree with an emphasis in speech-language pathology for those students interested in practicing as speech-language pathologists. The program is designed to meet the requirements for the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) and a license to practice as a speech-language pathologist in the State of Ohio. The professional education program is designed to extend over two years of consecutive full-time enrollment.
The curriculum for the MA program in speech-language pathology and application information can be found below.
Learn more about the degree and our outcomes
- 2017-2019 Curriculum [pdf]
- Graduate Interdisciplinary Specializations
- Outcomes For Recent Graduates [pdf]
Apply to the program
- Requirements and Factors in Admissions [pdf]
- Information About Prerequisites [pdf]
- Average GPA and GRE for Incoming Students [pdf]
- Application Instructions [pdf]
- Technical Standards [pdf]
If you have questions that are not addressed in the above documents, please contact the Chair of the Speech-Language Pathology Oversight Subcommittee, Dr. Rebecca McCauley.
[docx] - Some links on this page are to Microsoft .docx files requiring the use of Microsoft Word. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.