Areas of Expertise
- Speech Perception
- Cochlear Implants
- Pediatric Audiology
- NIH Post-doctoral Fellowship, De Vault Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology – HNS, Indiana University School of Medicine 2003-2005
- Ph.D. Hearing Science, University of Minnesota 2003
- Clinical Fellowship in Audiology, Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN 2000
- M.A. Audiology, University of Minnesota 1999
- B.S. Speech and Hearing Science, University of Minnesota 1996
Dr. Holt’s research/teaching interests include speech perception, language, neurocognitive, and psychosocial development in children with typical hearing and those who are deaf or hard-of-hearing (DHH) and use cochlear implants or hearing aids, family environment effects on developmental outcomes in children who are DHH, and accent perception across the lifespan. She has mentored and published with undergraduate students, masters students, doctoral students, and post-doctoral fellows in their research and training. She is also the department’s DEI Chair and Associate Director of the Center for Cognitive and Brain Sciences.
Please visit the Developmental Speech Lab website for more info.