Ohio State nav bar

Course Petition Application

Indicates required field

If you would like to substitute a course for one of the required courses in the SHS major or minor, please complete the information below.

You will be contacted by email after your request has been reviewed by the advisors and the SHS department. Please discuss the potential course submission with a SHS advisor before beginning the application process. Note that exceptions to the major and minor requirements will only be made for select cases with legitimate reasoning. To schedule an advising appointment please call 614-292-6961.

Please contact Maria Roth (roth.595@osu.edu) if you have any questions.

Personal Information
Are you an SHS major or minor?
Substitution Information
Please include a general description of the material that will be covered in the substituting course, how this relates to the required SHS course that is being replaced, and how this substitution will be beneficial to your SHS major/ minor.