Interested current Ohio State students can learn more about Speech and Hearing Science and declare the major by scheduling an advising appointment with a SHS Advisor.
Students with last names A-R: Maria Roth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Students with last names S-Z: Victoria Sevich (Sevich.email@example.com)
- Visit OnCourse to schedule your own appointment (preferred)
- Call the advising office at 614-292-6961
Transfer students and prospective first-year students should follow the procedures on the undergraduate admissions website to apply to Ohio State, and indicate that they wish to major in Speech and Hearing Science.
Students should carefully review three sources of information:
- The SHS Undergraduate Handbook for major requirements:
- The College of Arts and Sciences General Education requirements [pdf]. Students can also run their Degree Audits as a “what-if” for Speech and Hearing Science. There are instructions for this on the Office of the Registrar website.
- The rest of this website.
Check out the Ohio State chapter of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NHSSLA) student organization. They are active in person and on Facebook.