Switching to Speech and Hearing Science?

Current Ohio State students can declare Speech and Hearing Science by scheduling an advising appointment by calling 614-292-6961 (option 3). Transfer students and prospective first-year students should follow the procedures on the undergraduate admissions website to apply to Ohio State, and indicate that they wish to major in Speech and Hearing Science.

Students should carefully review three sources of information:

  1. The SPHS Undergraduate Handbook [pdf] describes the major requirements
  2. The degree requirements for the College of Arts and Sciences. Students can also run their Degree Audits as a “what-if” for Speech and Hearing Science. There are instructions for this on the Office of the Registrar website.
  3. The rest of this website.

The student group is the Ohio State chapter of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NHSSLA), and it is active in person and on Facebook.

[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact williamson-miller.1@osu.edu.